Subject: Re: Lighting.
From: [email-masked] (Rowan Crawford)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 94 22:14:54 EST

> 1) Light Intensity Falloff, or
> 2) Black Fog.

Yep, these worked quite well to an extent. Not the exact result I was
after, but I think with some tweaking I'll get it. Thanks.

But I've noticed something, possibly related, which has me puzzled.
I set up one of the sample cars with the light on the oposite side of
the object to the camera. When I rendered the scene, the side of the
car NOT affected by the light was still partially lit. I assume
there's some sort of ambient setting somewhere, although a quick
search never found it, and I'm only halfway through the manual so
far...

Also, I've not yet managed to get any shadows going at all. I have
all the buttons set as I think they should be (Self shadow, cast
shadow, and receive shadow + 'raytrace' shadow type), but no shadows.

These aren't questions, just observations so far :).

Row.